Ever since the E-levy bill was passed by parliament and the president assented to it, there have been lots of conversations on when the charges will start.
This article is here to answer that question.
About When Is E Levy Starting In Ghana
The E levy which was passed by Ghana’s Parliament on Tuesday, March 29th, 2022 will take effect in May 2022 onwards in the 2022/2023 fiscal year
The E Levy as shown in the E Levy Chart below displays the E-levy related charges on every Mobile Money transfer you make in the 2022/2023 fiscal year
The E Levy on Momo transactions as shown on the E Levy Chart below displays 0.75% Charge of the telecommunication networks namely MTN Momo, Vodaphone Cash, and Airtel Tigo Money in addition to the 1.5% E-levy and its corresponding total charge for every transfer you make on your mobile money wallet in the 2022/2023 fiscal year.
When Is E Levy Starting In Ghana
The E Levy starts on 1st May 2022.
This means all Mobile Money transfers from May 2022 will be charged a 1.5% tax of the total amount being transferred in addition to a 0.75% service charge by the telecom mobile money service providers namely MTN Momo, Vodaphone Cash, and Airtel Tigo Money in the 2022/2023 fiscal year
When Will E levy Start In Ghana
The E Levy will take start in Ghana starting from May 2022 onwards.
The Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA) in collaboration with the telecommunication networks such as MTN, Vodaphone, and Airtel Tigo will be responsible for the collection of the E levy for the Government of Ghana in the 2022/2023 fiscal year
E Levy Charges
|Amount||MoMo Charge||E-Levy Charge||Total Charges||Total Amount Deducted|
|GHS 50.00||GHS 0.50||–||GHS 0.50||GHS 50.50|
|GHS 100.00||GHS 0.75||–||GHS 0.75||GHS 100.75|
|GHS 150.00||GHS 1.13||GHS 2.25||GHS 3.38||GHS 153.38|
|GHS 200.00||GHS 1.50||GHS 3.00||GHS 4.50||GHS 204.50|
|GHS 250.00||GHS 1.88||GHS 3.75||GHS 5.63||GHS 255.63|
|GHS 300.00||GHS 2.25||GHS 4.50||GHS 6.75||GHS 306.75|
|GHS 500.00||GHS 3.75||GHS 7.50||GHS 11.25||GHS 511.25|
|GHS 600.00||GHS 4.50||GHS 9.00||GHS 13.50||GHS 613.50|
|GHS 700.00||GHS 5.25||GHS 10.50||GHS 15.75||GHS 715.75|
|GHS 800.00||GHS 6.00||GHS 12.00||GHS 18.00||GHS 818.00|
|GHS 900.00||GHS 6.75||GHS 13.50||GHS 20.25||GHS 920.25|
|GHS 1,000.00||GHS 7.50||GHS 15.00||GHS 22.50||GHS 1,022.50|
|GHS 2,000.00||GHS 15.00||GHS 30.00||GHS 45.00||GHS 2,045.00|
|GHS 5,000.00||GHS 37.50||GHS 75.00||GHS 112.50||GHS 5,112.50|
|GHS 10,000.00||GHS 75.00||GHS 150.00||GHS 225.00||GHS 10,225.00|
|GHS 20,000.00||GHS 150.00||GHS 300.00||GHS 450.00||GHS 20,450.00|
1.5% tax will be deducted from transfers from your Mobile Money account to another Mobile Money account
E Levy Charges On Mobile Money
- A 1.5% tax will be deducted from your Money Transfers from your bank account to another mobile money account
- A 1.5% tax will be deducted from your Money Transfers from other mobile money accounts to your bank accounts
How To Avoid Paying E Levy
- Just send GHS100 a day to your recipient Mobile Money account until you are done sending the total amount.
- You can send an amount of GHS 3,000 every month, for instance, if you want to send GHS 3000 a month to someone, just send GHS100 a day, every day until the person receives GHS 3000, then the person can go and cash out.
- Make sure you use cash instead of Mobile Money transfers for huge payments
- Make sure you Make Payments With Cheques for big payments instead of Mobile Money Transfers