The National Service Scheme (NSS) registration of defaulters and private candidates opens for the 2022/2023 service year.
The Management of the National Service Scheme (NSS)wishes to announce to the general public that registration is now open for Ghanaian citizens who have not yet undertaken their national service after completing tertiary institutions.
The general public is reminded that the National Service Act, (Act 426) of 1980 makes it mandatory for Ghanaian citizens 18 years and above who have completed accredited tertiary Institutions to undertake national service to the state
Who is Eligible
Eligible Ghanaians who missed the opportunity to do their national service in previous years and now wish to enroll for the 2022/2023 service year need to register with the Scheme from Monday, April 11, 2022, to Thursday, June 30, 2022
Applicants include previous applicants who started but were not able to complete the service, private applicants who are qualified and wish to apply, and Ghanaian nationals who have studied abroad.
Candidates are thus, required to submit their application letters to any of the Regional Offices of the Scheme or the NSS headquarters in Accra.
Mode of Application
All NSS Private Candidates must include;
- A letter requesting a PIN codeor reactivation of PIN code,
- Certified true copy of School Certificate or Transcript,
- Evidence of Deferment Letter (if applicable)
- Attestation/Introductory Letter from the institution attended,
- A copy of Ghana Card
- A copy of Student ID with original copy for checks and foreign students, proof of study abroad.
Dates for the Registration
- Monday, April 11, 2022, to Thursday, June 30, 2022